Are you sensitive to the taste of a medication or do you have allergies to dyes or preservatives? Or do you have a family member who has difficulty taking medications? Our compounding service could be the solution.
Customized medication compounding allows our pharmacy to formulate drugs that may not be commercially available. By working with your doctor, we can customize the strength and dosage form of a medication to your needs.
Compounding medications may involve:
• Changing a formulation strength to meet an individual patient’s need
• Using a wide variety of dosage forms such as capsules, topical skin preparations, lip balms, suppositories, lollipops, lozenges, liquid drops and trans-dermal gels
• Preparing liquid suspensions for those who cannot swallow a tablet or capsule
• Flavoring medicine to improve its taste
Compounded drugs may include:
• Pediatric treatments
• Veterinary medicine
• Topical dermatologic creams
• Specialized pain and scar creams
Talk to our pharmacy staff to see if our compounding services may help you!